News and Updates
- Published: Thursday, 12 January 2017 12:25
KECOBO is inviting you to visit its stand No. 46 during the 2017 Eastern Africa Music Summit scheduled for Thursday 16th to Sunday 19th February 2016 at The Sarit Centre Expo Hall.
In January 2016, ONGEA! was Born out of our Annual KENYA MUSIC WEEK, which ran for 10 Years – every December, from 2004 to 2013. Since KENYA MUSIC WEEK had Achieved its Objectives for the Kenya Music Industry, over that Decade, they Broadened the Scope of their Event;
whose three Pillars still remain: Trade, Learn and Showcase. The debut of ONGEA! - The Eastern Africa Music Summit, on Thursday 28th to Sunday 31st January 2016, was very Successful, with:
1. Fifty-seven (57) Exhibition Stands, including HomeBoyz Entertainment celebrating their 20th Anniversary.
2. Thirty-eight (38) local & international Professionals, on eight (8) topical Industry Panels, attended by over 1,000 Stakeholders.
3. Thirty-two (32) Showcase Performances which led to H_Art the Band and Mswazzi Masauti (on his first-ever Performance) being Signed to Austrian-based Marketing & Booking Agent – GLP; as well as Sauti Sol being Booked to Perform at the largest Festival in Africa: Timitar, of Morocco, during July 2018.
4. Open Mic performances, resulting in two (2) Fully-paid Scholarships to Sauti Academy.
5. Free Demo Recordings in our Studio, thanks to Ageless Entertainment.
6. Social Media Training by Bloggers Association of Kenya (B.A.K.E).
7. Launches of the Music Teachers Association of Kenya, Kidum’s new Album: Hali Na Mali and Tedd Josiah’s new Record Label: SwaRnB.
8. 8,000 Visitors, including School Children on Excursions.